Important Announcement

This Blog has moved. Please check theziggyfm.culshock.net to continue following this story.

Saturday 8 October 2011

Resurrection of the blog

After an absence of over a year, I have decided to bring this blog back to life. Sadly I had a failure of my machine, which brought a premature end to the story as it resulted in me losing the saved game. This also coincided with a very busy period, and thus this blog got largely forgotten about, although it was still there in the back of my mind.

With the release of the Football Manager 2012 imminent, it seemed like a good time to bring about a long awaited resurrection. I already have new team in mind, which will be revealed nearer to the actual release date.

I have already had a look at the demo release, which was made available recently. There are some interesting additions, although a few changes to the layout which seem rather unnecessary. As appears to be the recent trend with many websites and software, the thinking seems to be presenting as much information as possible at one time, with no consideration of how cluttered everything is.

Over the next couple of weeks I will use the demo to experiment with the new features, such as the new team talks.

6 comments:

Paine said...

It's nice to see a virtual manager with your writing skills back on the scene, good luck!
Are you planning to have a LLM experience?

TheZiggy said...

Thanks.
I am indeed looking at going for LLM experience. The lowest league I've ever started a team with has been the second tier.
The team I have in mind is currently in League 2. It should be interesting, and much more of a challenge than I've faced before.

Paine said...

Every year I think about such a game but then I change my mind, too many things lack at that level for me.
However I'm still undecided about the team to choose, probably it won't be an English one, I'm looking for another European league.

TheZiggy said...

I have to admit the prospect is quite daunting, but I think it's time I took on a different challenge.
There's plenty of interesting European leagues to look at, so one day I will take an adventure away from these shores.

Lye said...

Hi Ziggy,

Great to see you write this blog again. Have been missing your stories. Love to know which team you have chosen in FM12.

TheZiggy said...

Thanks Lye,

I'll reveal the new team in about a weeks time, though I'm 99% sure which team it will be.